Wonderful! You have arrived in Germany. Now you have to finish two tasks before activating
your TK public health insurance.
1. Register at university (Immatrikulationbescheinigung)
Bring the two documents that you have received from TK after online application.
- Insurance confirmation (Versicherungsbescheinigung)
- University notification (Meldung der Hochschule an die TK)
2. Open a current account at any German bank (Girokonto)
To activate your TK health insurance, you need to send the following information and documents to email@example.com with the title of “Activate TK +your name + date of birth”.
- Date of arrival in Germany: dd/mm/yy
- Certificate of Enrollment at university (Immatrikulationsbescheinigung)
- German bank account: IBAN and BIC
- German address: including recipient name, street name and no., postal code, and
city. (Attention! Please be sure that your name is on the mailbox, otherwise you won’t
X-patrio will update your personal information and inform TK. Generally speaking, you will start to receive letters from TK after 1-2 weeks. Don't worry if it takes longer time, because you can always visit hospital with your TK insurance confirmation (Versicherungsbescheinigung).