When moving to Germany and to activate your Blocked Account, you will have to open a German bank account. With X-patrio and N26, it is fast and easy.
All you need is:
1. Internet connection
4. German mobile phone number
5. Address to receive your card
You can open a bank account without the confirmation of registration (Meldebescheinigung) from the Bürgeramt! Just simply CLICK HERE and start opening the mobile bank account. Once the account is opened, you will receive a German IBAN/BIC and a master card. If you are using our Blocked Account service, let us know about the bank details from N26 so that we can start disbursement.
To open a current account from the conventional German banks, you will need to prepare:
1. An offline appointment: visit a bank branch of your choice and make an appointment
2. your passport or national identity card (if you’re an EU citizen)
3. Proof of registration (Meldebescheinigung)
4. Enrollment Certificate (if you want to open a student account)
5. a document to prove your income (if asked to provide from the bank)
Most of the German banks charge you monthly account fee unless you open a student account.
After opening an account, you will receive many letters during the next 1-2 months containing, your debit card, password, online-banking password and etc.